MUNCIE (WTHR) - Dozens of parents made their voices heard during the first school board meeting in Muncie since classes returned last week.
The new school year has already been plagued with major transportation issues which forced the district to cancel classes for two days.
"We're scared, we're scared, we're scared about this it needs to be fixed no doubt, but not at the cost of my children," said one parent.
In a statement released Monday, the district asked for patience.
Superintendent Steven Baule is taking it one step further with an apology.
"Ultimately it is my responsibility. It is my responsibility to make sure this gets done," Baule said. "There are a lot of people working to put it together, but ultimately, to every parent, we want to say we are sorry that we had this situation. We want to make sure we get it fixed."
The financially-struggling district has said the issues stem from hiring a new bus service and from redistricting after closing three schools.