TERREBONNE PARISH, La. — Here’s the latest information on power, curfew, water and more for Terrebonne Parish after Hurricane Ida moved through the area. Save this link and check back for updates if you live in Terrebonne Parish
Residents can return at any time but at their own risk. There is no electricity, water service is not fully functional and no hospitals are available.
The Parish stated in a release that there is no way to accurately predict the restoration and availability of utility service in the parish.
► For an emergency, call 9-1-1.
► Animal-related emergencies should be made to 985-873-6357
Do you have information that should be added to this list? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for FEMA Aid:
HOT MEALS, ICE, WATER
Terrebonne Churches United Food Bank
- TODAY ( 9/13 ) at 11:00am
- 922 Sunset Avenue, Houma, La
Blue Roof Program:
The Army Corps and Engineers will be at Grand Caillou Middle School tomorrow (Saturday, 9/11 ) from 8am to 6pm to get people registered for the Blue Roof program.
What: Walk-On’s is opening a Hurricane Ida Relief Kitchen, which will serve one free meal to anyone in need.
When: Thursday, Sept. 16 starting at 11 a.m.
Where: Walk-On’s located at 1977 Prospect Blvd. in Houma
Terrebonne Parish residents may pick up water, ice, food (MREs) and tarps at the following locations in the parish from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM:
- Point-aux-Chene Middle School, Montegut
- Lacache Middle School, Chauvin
- Dularge Middle School, Houma
- Montegut Middle School, Montegut
- Bayou Blue Fire Department last day is Friday Sept. 10 new location will be Bayou Blue Rec Center on Mazerac road starting Saturday Sept. 11
Lowe's Bucket Brigade
Lowe's and its disaster relief partners will pass out disaster relief buckets filled with goggles, goggles, respirators, sanitizer, bug spray, water, scrub brushes, bleach and work gloves. Friday, Sept. 10, beginning at 9 a.m.
- 1592 Martin Luther King Blvd. Houma
From Parish Facebook Page as of Monday, Sept. 6
Check with Locations for Hours of Operation before going!
- All Rouses Supermarkets in Terrebonne Parish
- Dollar General Store – Klondyke Road, West Main and Bayou Black locations.
- Marcel’s Supermarket – Hwy 182
- Walmart Superstore – East and West Houma (No Gas)
- Cannatas Supermarket – West Houma location
- Neighborhood Walmart – Houma and Thibodaux locations
- Gibson Food Mart - Gibson
Other Store Openings in Houma:
- Big Wheels Truckstop – Bayou Blue
- Buy U BBQ – Bayou Gardens
- Nockos – Grand Caillou Road
- Sam’s Club – Martin Luther King Blvd. Store & Fueling Station
- Chevron – Martin Luther King Blvd.
- Quick Zone – Martin Luther King Blvd.
- GoBears – West Park
- Convenience King – West Park
- Gray Food Mart – West Main
- Shop Rite – St. Charles Street
- Civic Stop – Barrow Street
- Wilson Country Store – Hwy 20
- Home Depot – Martin Luther King Blvd.
- Lowe’s – Martin Luther King Blvd.
- Tractor Supply – West Park
- Popeyes – West Main
- El Paso – West Tunnel Blvd.
- J & N Fuel Station – Hwy 24
- Auto Zone – 5780 West Main
- Buchiki’s – corner Martin Luther King Blvd & West Main
- Marie’s Auto Parts – West Park
- Texaco – West Park near Colonial Ave.
- Shell Convenience store at Southland Mall (8am – 12pm with gas)
- Walgreen’s – corner of Bayou Gardens and West Park
For an updated list of businesses open click here for our #OpenNOLA list.
Residents can reach out to the EOC by calling 985-873-6357 for help in finding shelter. Many residents are returning home to find their home is uninhabitable.
ENTERGY 5pm update 9/10:
We are working to locate crews and staging areas around Montegut. We are coordinating with the school district for permission to use facilities as well as other locations.
We had to de-energize a line to make repairs along W. Park from Coteau Rd. south to Kenny St. That outage was scheduled to last about 5 hours and then we would restore those customers.
We will be energizing 2 feeders out of Gibson Substation. That serves the east bank of Amelia, before Hwy 90 crosses the canal.
As of this time, we have restored power to 2,800 customers. That’s almost 1% of the customers in Terrebonne Parish.
We have 6 crews (30 people) headed to Thompson Rd. feeding out towards Gulf Island.
Below are the areas where we are continuing to work:
Serving W. Park Rd. between Cascade Dr. and Douglas Dr. This includes the Broadmoor Heights, Woodburn, Colonial Acres, Cadiere Park Heights, Westview Dr., & Deroche Estates neighborhoods. This also serves W. Main St. Charles St. and Buquet St.
Serving Country Dr., Bayou Blue Rd., S Hollywood Rd., McKnight St., Leboeur St., & Estate Dr.
Serving parts of Grand Calliou Rd, Acadiana Dr., Laban Ave, Industrial Blvd, Texas Gulf Rd., Bayou Terrebonne, South
Terrebonne Estates, Friendswood Place, La Terre, Lafayette Woods, Ellender St., Morris St, Cleveland St, Grande St, Carolyn Ave, Mary Ann Ave, Afton St., Richmond Ave, Jean Ellen Ave, Moffet Rd, Cummins Rd, Roberta Grove Rd, Prospect Blvd, Banks Ave, and E Main (between East St. & Aviation Rd).
Serving W. Main St. between Ziegler Ave and Hwy 90. This includes Greenfire, Bon Villa, & Buquet Subdivisions.
Serving the Bayou Gardens, Broadmoor, Willamsburg, & Southern Estates neighborhoods. This also serves down parts of St. Louis Canal Rd. as well as W. Park from Coteau Rd. to Waterplant Rd.
Serving Fletcher Community College, Weatherford Dr., & Hwy 311 from Learning Ln to Ellendale Ct. This includes the Ardoyne Plantation Subdivision.
Serving Bourg, Hwy 24 south, Hwy 55 south, & Hwy 56 south.
Hwy 56 from Chauvin south to Cocodrie
Entergy, SLECA and City of Houma teamed up to do a series of videos for the residents of Terrebonne Parish.
Many things factor into who gets power sooner and who gets it later. Either way, no one in this parish is forgotten.
TRASH AND DEBRIS
Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) regular household trash only collection will begin on limited basis begins today, Friday, September 3 rd , in Terrebonne Parish.
Pelican Waste will start collection on the west side of the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway (GIWW) in all areas that are passable for
garbage trucks. When Pelican completes the west side, garbage trucks will then move into that part of the Houma-Terrebonne community located east of the GIWW. Pelican will also work on
Sunday, September 5th in order to make a complete pass of the parish in areas that are passable and accessible by garbage trucks.
Pelican will pick-up ONLY household trash/garbage placed in garbage cans curbside. Green waste, roof shingles in black bags will not be picked up by Pelican. Storm debris and tree branches, etc., will be picked up later by a contractor.
The Catholic Charities of the Houma-Thibodaux Diocese are giving out free gas to Terrebonne Parish residents:
- Tuesday, September 7 at Grand Caillou Middle School - 2161 Grand Caillou Road, Houma, LA 10:30 a.m. until the fuel run out
- Wednesday, September 8 Montegut Middle School - 138 Dolphin St, Montegut, LA 9 a.m.. until the fuel runs out
Power has been restored to the Schriever Water Plant and water testing has started..
► Boil Water Advisory lifted for areas of Terrebonne Parish west and north of the Intracoastal Waterway. The area includes Bayou Blue, Couteau, St. Louis Canal Rd., Lisa Park, Broadmoor, Oakshire, Southland Mall area, Bayou Gardents, West Houma, Terrebonne General, Government Towers, Downtown Houma, Bond and Honduras and Tunnel Blvd., Bayou Black and Gibson, Schriever, Gray, Deadwood along Hwy. 20 to the Lafourche Parish line.
Boil Advisory remains for Terrebonne Parish east and south of the Intracoastal Waterway.
A parish-wide curfew is in effect until further notice.
Terrebonne Parish is planning to reopen the following schools on Monday,
September 27, 2021:
● Bayou Black Elementary
● H. L. Bourgeois High (7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon)
● Broadmoor Elementary
● Caldwell Middle
● Coteau-Bayou Blue Elementary
● Gibson Elementary
● Honduras Elementary
● Houma Jr. High
● Lisa Park Elementary
● Oakshire Elementary
● Schriever Elementary
● Southdown Elementary
● Terrebonne High (7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon)
● Village East Elementary
PHASE 2 - SEPTEMBER 28:
● All Ellender Memorial High students will go to Terrebonne High.
Terrebonne High students will attend from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon;
and EMHS students will attend from 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
● All South Terrebonne High students will go to H. L. Bourgeois High.
HLB students will attend from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon; and STHS
students will attend from 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
PHASE 3 – SEPTEMBER 29:
● Upper Little Caillou Elementary Pre-K through 1st grade will go to
Village East Elementary; and 2nd – 4th grade will go to Montegut
● Grand Caillou Elementary Pre-K & Kindergarten will go to Honduras
Elementary; and 1st – 4th grade will go to Dularge Elementary.
As electricity is restored and we are able to assess HVAC, and any
electricity issues, etc., at schools not listed, hopefully these schools can
be brought back online shortly.
Terrebonne General Health System is offering an ED Walk-in Clinic opened daily from 7 am - 5 pm located on Liberty St. directly across from the Emergency Department.
The Chabert Medical Center Primary Care Clinic is open Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 3:00pm. Walk-ins accepted.
Both hospitals in Terrebonne are still nonoperational. The parish is trying to set up a medical until near Terrebonne General to be able to handle outpatient issues.