Indy Parks announces summer concert and movie series
Indy Parks will kick off its annual free summer concert and movie series Friday. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the series has been greatly reduced.
While Indy Parks normally offers 70 concerts and films at nine parks, this year will only have 16 concerts and four films at four parks.
The first screening is Friday at 9 p.m. at Garfield Park, where visitors can watch "The Lion King." Park-goers can enjoy the drive-in movie as volunteers will give instructions for hearing the audio on the radio.
Here is the full schedule of summer events:
- June 26 at 9 p.m. - "The Lion King" at Garfield Park
- July 3 at 9 p.m. - "The Sandlot" at Garfield Park
- July 17 at 7 p.m. - Clint Breeze and The Groove at MLK Park
- July 22 at 6:30 p.m. - Midwest Rhythm Exchange at Eagle Creek Park
- July 23 at 7 p.m. - Indianapolis Jazz Collective at Garfield Park
- July 24 at 9 p.m. - "Jumanji: The Next Level" at Garfield Park
- July 25 at 6 p.m. - Starcat & Hyryder at Garfield Park
- July 29 at 6:30 p.m. - Cohen-Rutkowski Project at Eagle Creek Park
- July 30 at 7 p.m. - Owl Music Group at Garfield Park
- July 31 at 7 p.m. - Danni al Mar at Broad Ripple Park
- Aug. 5 at 6:30 p.m. - Katherine Nagy at Eagle Creek Park
- Aug. 6 at 7 p.m. - Bryan Thompson at Garfield Park
- Aug. 7 at 7 p.m. - John Raymond at MLK Park
- Aug. 12 at 6:30 p.m. - Amanda Gardier Quartet at Eagle Creek Park
- Aug. 14 at 9 p.m. - "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" at Garfield Park
- Aug. 19 at 6:30 p.m. - Sarah Grain and the Billions of Stars at Eagle Creek Park
Aug. 21 at 7 p.m. - Charlie Ballantine Quartet at Broad Ripple Park
Aug. 26 at 6:30 p.m. - Rob Dixon and Triology at Eagle Creek Park
Sept. 5 at 7:30 p.m. - China Grove at Garfield Park
Sept. 11 at 7 p.m. - Indianapolis Opera at Garfield Park
For more information about the summer series, visit parks.indy.gov or call 317-327-PARK.