INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Animal Care Services and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway are working "paw in paw" this month to promote pet adoptions and the 106th running of the Indianapolis 500.
IACS' "Race You Home" adoption campaign coincides with IMS' "Back Home Again" campaign. Together, they're offering Month of May-themed perks to people who adopt a pet this month and to help raise money for animals in need.
(NOTE: The above video is a previous report on how to keep your pet safe during hot weather.)
IACS said during the month of May, adoptions will be free. People who adopt can enter to win two tickets to qualifying at IMS on May 21 or May 22. The drawing takes place May 19.
Plus, each animal that's adopted will get a checkered IMS bandana, a pet bed and an adoption goodie bag while supplies last.
IACS hopes these "pawsh" perks will help them reach their goal of finding new homes for 106 animals (a wink at the 106th running of the Indianapolis 500) by the end of the month.
Along with adoptions, IACS and IMS are asking the community to donate $1.06 to help animals in need. The shelter is also raising money by selling race-themed shirts that say "Get the Zoomies" and other merchandise online.
IACS said the money raised will go to the areas of greatest need, which are veterinary care and behavior training.
Donations can be made at the shelter and online, here.
What other people are reading:
- FBI agent believed clothing taken and bodies 'staged' in Delphi murders search warrant request
- How social media is helping families find baby formula
- 3rd baby surrendered at Carmel fire station in 2 months
- Hoosiers feel impact of deadly Buffalo shooting
- Indiana Democrats renew push to halt gas tax
- Texas toddler orders 30+ cheeseburgers while mom isn't looking
- Congress informs public on UFOs, but still no signs of extraterrestrials
- We bought a pallet of Amazon returns for $325. This is what we got.