INDIANAPOLIS — The 500 Festival kicks off its Month of May events with the Chevy #FestivalCars on Monument Circle on May 4. The festival relies heavily on thousands of volunteers for the month and is still searching for some this year.
By April 6, the 500 Festival said it had more than 7,000 positions available for a variety of events. Volunteers are especially needed for the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon and 5K on May 7.
"It takes so much support for the Mini-Marathon to happen, for the 5K to happen, for the expo leading up to Mini-Marathon day. That May 5th and 6th date, as well," said Sarah Adams, the 500 Festival's program and event director. "Absolutely still looking for volunteers. All sorts of positions, all varieties of hours. We need large groups as well, still. It takes a lot of work and a lot of volunteerism for this event, for sure."
500 Festival volunteers will receive the following:
- Free commemorative volunteer T-shirt
- Free collector’s pin
- Invitation to the 500 Festival’s Volunteer Appreciation Day hosted at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on May 21, 2022
- Two tickets to the 2022 Indianapolis 500 qualifications
- Access to the 500 Festival volunteer virtual goodie bag containing exclusive promotions and discounts
- Snacks and beverages during volunteer shift
- Special access at 500 Festival programs and events
To volunteer or check dates and times of opportunities to volunteer, click here.
The 500 Festival will once again have a full slate of in-person events for the first time since 2019. For more information on these events or how to register, visit www.500festival.com.