FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WTHR) – The Indiana National Guard's 122nd Fighter Wing will perform a flyover to honor and salute first responders.
A flyover will be conducted in Fort Wayne on Tuesday, April 28 and around Indy on Thursday, April 30.
"Air Force Salutes flyovers are a way for the Air National Guard to show appreciation to the thousands of heroes at the front line of battling COVID-19," the Indiana National Guard said in a release. "The flyovers are also intended to lift morale in cities across America due to the severe health and economic impacts that have resulted from COVID-19."
The flyovers are incorporated with previously scheduled training missions.
The routes are as follows:
Fort Wayne Flyby
- Fly over Lutheran Hospital (7950 W Jefferson St) at 11:10 a.m.
- Downtown at 11:11 a.m.
- The VA and Parkview (2200 Randallia Dr, downtown) at 11:11 a.m.
- DuPont and Parkview (2520 E DuPont Rd: North) at 11:13 a.m.
- Fly back over Downtown at 11:15 a.m.
- Fly over Johnson Armory at 10:45 a.m.
- Community Hospital (1500 N Ritter Ave) at 10:49 a.m.
- St. Vincent Hospital (13500 US Hwy 31 N, Carmel) at 10:51 a.m.
- The VA (1481 W 10th St) and IU Hospital (550 University Blvd) at 10:53 a.m.
- Lawrence Armory at 10:55 a.m.
- Muncie IU Hospital (2401 W University Ave, Muncie) at 11:02 a.m.