INDIANAPOLIS — Indiana Black Expo is teaming up with other community leaders to offer housing assistance workshops during the pandemic. Warren Township School Corporation, Warren Township Trustee Office, Eskenazi Health, Indy Heartbeat, IU School of Social Work, Children's Bureau, Marion County Department of Child Services and Indiana University School of Law are all part of the effort.
With the Supreme Court's decision to end President Biden's eviction moratorium, the organizations are aiming to help vulnerable Marion County families keep their homes in a time of need.
The groups will host a series of housing assistance workshops for families at the Moorhead Community Resource Center, located at 8400 E 10th St. in Indianapolis.
Workshops are scheduled for:
- Monday, Sept. 20 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 21 from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 22 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
What other people are reading:
- Indianapolis nurse speaks out about challenges faced by health care professionals still fighting COVID-19
- Police Body Cam: Gabby Petito and fiancé stopped in Utah before disappearance
- SC lawyer surrenders to police for insurance fraud after planning own shooting
- Colorado man wins candy factory after treasure hunt leads to Indiana
- Afghan refugees at Camp Atterbury by the numbers: nearly 50% children, 1 baby born