INDIANAPOLIS — IMPD is investigating a deadly crash involving multiple vehicles Friday morning on the city's far west side.
The crash happened just after 8 a.m. in the 6600 block of Rockville Road, near South High School Road.
Police confirmed a teenage male died from their injuries in the crash. The coroner's office later identified the teen as 15-year-old Deshawn Holloway. Three people were taken to the hospital and are said to be in stable condition.
Police have not shared what led to the crash.
Indianapolis Public Schools released a statement Friday afternoon, confirming the teen was a student at George Washington High School.
"IPS is deeply saddened to learn about the death of a George Washington High School student, who was involved in a car crash this morning. We are also hoping for a full recovery for a second George Washington student involved in the accident. A crisis counseling team from IPS is working with students, staff and families at the school."
What other people are reading:
- Boy hit, killed by vehicle on Indy's east side
- Deadly crash closes Keystone Parkway in Carmel
- After 460 days in an Indianapolis hospital, Baby Kendall goes home
- What's next for Walmart employees after fire
- Following massive Walmart blaze, safety and medical experts offer advice for cleaning up fallen debris