INDIANAPOLIS — A missing Indianapolis 18-year-old was one of three people found dead on the city's south side Tuesday night.
Missing persons detectives with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department asked for the community's help Tuesday in locating 18-year-old Joseph Thomas, who had been missing for two days and police believed he may have needed medical attention.
Thomas was last seen on Sunday, Oct. 10, in the 200 block of East Hannah Avenue, which is on the south side of Indianapolis, just east of South Meridian Street.
Later Tuesday night three bodies were found on the south side of Indianapolis.
The bodies were found around 8 p.m. in the 4400 block of South Meridian Street, near West Hanna Avenue, according to a department spokesperson.
The Marion County Coroner's Office identified one of the bodies as Thomas and another as 22-year-old Michael James. A third body has yet to be identified.
The coroner said the victims had been shot. The three deaths are being investigated by IMPD as homicides.
What other people are reading:
- 'This is not fair to anybody': Stranded passengers at Indianapolis airport frustrated over Southwest cancellations
- 'It was terrifying': Zionsville family recounts deplaning after emergency landing in New York
- McDonald's will be offering free breakfast to teachers and staff starting Monday
- North Split Blog: The 1st finished ramp will open Monday
- Amazon driver stabbed at downtown Indy apartment complex