INDIANAPOLIS — IMPD is conducting a homicide investigation on the city's west side Thursday morning.
IMPD officers responded to an apartment complex in the 3000 block of Rolling Dunes Drive, off Waterfront Parkway near the I-465 and I-74 interchange, just before 6 a.m. on a report of a person shot. There, they located a man who was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Marion County Coroner's Office will determine how the man died and release his identity after family is notified. By early Thursday afternoon, the coroner had not identified the man.
No arrests have been made, and police do not any information about a suspect or possible motive at this time.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Detective Christopher Edwards at the IMPD Homicide Office at 317-327-3475 or email him at Christopher.Edwards@indy.gov. Calls can also be made anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.
What other people are reading:
- New Indiana laws go into effect July 1
- Ascension St. Vincent closing 11 Indiana immediate care centers Thursday
- Hundreds of health care professionals rally in support of abortion rights in Indiana
- What to expect if you're traveling this Independence Day
- 'He deserved it' | Dog adopted after 893 days at Fort Wayne shelter
- Indiana family passes down lemonade stand from generation to generation
- Taco Bell releases Big Cheez-It Tostada and Crunchwrap Supreme
- Bug pizza? You'll find it at the Marion County Fair