INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) — As part of Visit Indiana Week, Museum Monday offers free or discounted entry to nearly 30 museums around the state Monday, May 7.
Whether your interest is in planets, past presidents or props from "Hoosiers," there's an Indiana museum that will catch your attention.
The Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site is offering buy one, get one free tours of the former president's family home. Bring a friend and check out the Victorian-style home near downtown Indy.
In Muncie, the first 150 visitors will get free admission to the Charles W. brown Planetarium at Ball State. Guests will get to experience the night sky in new ways with the planetarium's state-of-the-art technology.
From 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., see the largest collection of props from the movie "Hoosiers" at the Milan '54 Hoosiers Museum.
Here is an entire list of museums and historical sites with special offers today:
- Art Museum of Greater Lafayette, Lafayette
- Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum, Auburn
- Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site, Indianapolis
- Charles W. Brown Planetarium, Muncie
- David Owsley Museum of Art, Muncie
- Dream Car Museum, Evansville
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Wester Art, Indianapolis
- Evansville Museum of Arts, History & Science, Evansville
- Fair Oaks Farms, Fair Oaks
- Fanimation Antique Museum, Zionsvillle
- The Franklin Railroad depot, Franklin
- French Lick West Baden Museum, French Lick
- Haan Mansion Museum of Indiana Art, Lafayette
- Harrison County Discovery center, Corydon
- Indiana Military Museum, Vincennes
- Indiana State Capitol Tours, Indianapolis
- Indiana State Museum, Indianapolis
- James Dean Gallery, Fairmount
- James Whitcomb Riley Boyhood Home and Museum, Greenfield
- Johnson County Museum of History, Franklin
- Joshua Tree Earth & Space Museum, Lakeville
- Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library, Indianapolis
- Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum, Rockport
- Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
- Milan '54 Hoosiers Museum, Milan
- Red Skeleton Museum of American Comedy, Vincennes
- Studebaker National Museum, South Bend
- The History Museum, South Bend
- Vintage Fire Museum, Jeffersonville
For complete details on the special offers from each museum, click here.