CARMEL, Ind. — A former bus driver for Carmel-Clay Schools is facing child molestation charges.
David Abshire is accused of sexually abusing a 4-year-old while running a day care out of his home in Carmel with his wife.
Court documents indicate the alleged abuse started last August and continued through March.
In an email sent to parents, Carmel-Clay Schools said no students were involved. Abshire was placed on administrative leave immediately after they learned of the investigation.
The district said Abshire hasn't been on school property since April.
He is expected in court next week.
What other people are reading:
- 'She's our little miracle' | Brownsburg teachers celebrate daughter's 100th day in NICU
- Health-threatening vs. life-threatening: Doctors call for clarity in Indiana abortion ban legislation
- Brother of Shay Golden shares what she told him about Greenwood Park Mall mass shooting
- Where to get back-to-school vaccines in central Indiana this weekend
- Man indicted in rape of 9-year-old Ohio girl who traveled to Indiana for abortion
- Purdue turf expert discusses lawn health in extreme heat
- Candy company looking for a head taste tester
- Indiana State Fair unveils discounts, deals for 2022 festivities