Two homes were damaged in central Indiana on the Fourth of July due to incidents with fireworks.
Plainfield firefighters were called to a house on Parker Drive, near Bradford and South Raceway roads, around 10:30 p.m. due to a house fire.
Firefighters said the house fire was caused by improperly discarded fireworks.
Plainfield firefighters responded to more than two dozen calls related to firework incidents on Sunday.
Also on Sunday night, Bargersville firefighters were called to a house fire in Saddle Club North.
According to firefighters, the fire in the garage was started by an errant firework shot off from a neighboring home.
Firefighters said the fire was extinguished quickly, resulting in minor damage to the house. One neighbor was also treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
What other people are reading:
- Columbus Blue Jackets goalie Matiss Kivlenieks dies from fall after fireworks malfunction
- 6 people killed in violent holiday weekend in Indianapolis
- 3 dead in Clinton County crash
- Search back on after rest of South Florida condo demolished
- Marion County clerk's nephew dies in motorcycle crash on Indy's northeast side