BUFFALO, N.Y. — The Fourth of July is here, and many places in Western New York plan on celebrating the holiday with firework displays Sunday night.
Last year Independence Day celebrations were scaled back due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but this year there are plenty of events to check out.
Monday, July 5
- The City of Tonawanda will be holding a fireworks show at the foot of Gibson Street in Niawanda Park. The fireworks will be set off at dusk. Click here for more information.
Sunday, July 4
- The City of Niagara Falls will hold a firework display at Hyde Park at dusk.
- The Town of Wheatfield will be setting off fireworks at Oppenheim Park when it gets dark. There will also be music provided by Sooner Tunes Productions.
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York is holding a Fourth of July fireworks show at Highmark Stadium. Anyone is welcome to attend; however there will be a $5 admission charge per vehicle. Lots open at 8 p.m. and the fireworks display will begin at sundown. Click here for more information.
- The Village of Lancaster will start its 4th of July celebration at 10 a.m. with a parade at Walter Winter Drive and Erie Street. Fireworks will be held at 10 p.m. For more information, click here.
- Seneca Resorts and Casinos will hold an Independence Day fireworks show at the Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino located at 777 Seneca Allegany Boulevard in Salamanca. The show will begin at 9:40 p.m. Click here for more information.
- The Great Pumpkin Farm in Clarence will have a fireworks show on the 4th of July in addition to carnival rides, fair food vendors, live music and other attractions. Fireworks will take place at dusk, and the cost of admission is included with the entry fee. Click here for more information.
- The Village of Mayville plans on holding its annual fireworks display on July 4th at Lakeside Park. The fireworks show will be held over Chautauqua Lake’s north basin at 10 p.m., according to the Chautauqua County Visitors Bureau.
- Bemus Point will have a fireworks display over Bemus Bay on 4th of July. The fireworks show will be visible from the village park and from the boats and docks around Bemus Bay.
- The City of Dunkirk will hold a fireworks show at dusk at Dunkirk City Pier and Memorial Park.
- Marilla is hosting its second fireworks display at 10 p.m. at the Marilla Fireman's Grounds. More details are on the Town's Facebook page.
- Six Flags Darien Lake will be holding a fireworks display on July 4 at 10:10 p.m. Tickets are required. For more information, click here.