INDIANAPOLIS — A firefighter suffered minor injuries battling a heavy fire at a vacant building on Indianapolis' near west side Tuesday morning.
Indianapolis Fire Department crews arrived to a vacant, boarded building in the 3000 block of West Washington Street, near North Tibbs Avenue, around 1:30 a.m. to find the heavy fire.
A firefighter was injured while attacking the fire and was transported to a local hospital for evaluation with minor injuries.
The fire was brought under control in roughly 45 minutes and is now under investigation.
What other people are reading:
- Crossing guard who survived deadly crosswalk crash shares message for victim's family, suspects
- Rainy Thanksgiving forecast for central Indiana
- 3 teens injured in serious Madison County crash on State Road 13 near I-69
- Major changes coming to ease congestion around I-465 and I-69
- Milwaukee's 'Dancing Grannies' devastated by parade crash
- Neighbors, lawmakers step up to help residents of Nora apartment complex after another fire
- State's new Parents Bill of Rights puts focus on Social-Emotional Learning
- Thanksgiving 2021: Which stores will be open, closed