LAWRENCE, Ind — Lawrence Police are investigating a deadly hit-and-run crash involving a bicyclist that happened Friday night.
Police were called to the 4800 block of Shadeland Avenue, near East 48th Street, just before 10:30 p.m. on a report of a person down.
When police got to the scene, they saw multiple people trying to help a woman who was lying in the roadway.
Authorities have identified her as 55-year-old Patricia Shroyer.
Investigators believe Shroyer was riding her bicycle north on Shadeland Avenue when she was struck by a vehicle that was also traveling north, but none of the people at the scene had witnessed the crash.
Police said the person driving the vehicle did not stay at the scene. Investigators learned the vehicle is a gray 2011-2014 Nissan Juke and likely has visible damage to the front bumper from the crash.
Shroyer was taken to Eskenazi Hospital in critical condition and pronounced dead after arrival.
Anyone who may have seen the crash or have information about the suspected vehicle that left the scene is asked to call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.
What other people are reading:
- Hoosiers hit with notices to repay thousands in unemployment benefits
- Pandemic, violence lead to spike in deaths in Indianapolis
- Indianapolis man with autism connects with neighbors through yardwork
- 3 men charged in deadly duck boat accident that killed 9 family members from Indianapolis
- Indiana Task Force 1 home after 16-day deployment to Florida condo collapse