PENDLETON, Ind. — An Indiana State Police K-9 is working with an added measure of protection, thanks to charitable donations.
K-9 Mika, who is partnered with a trooper in ISP's Pendleton District, has received a bullet- and stab-protective vest from an organization known as Vested Interest in K9s.
A fundraiser was hosted by Jessica Sutton of the American Legion Riders Post 497 in Indianapolis.
The vest is embroidered with "In memory of Dylan Michael Beck #43." Beck, Sutton's son, had a love for animals. He died in 2015, and Sutton organizes the annual Dylan Beck Ride in his honor.
The vests cost as much as $2,300. You can support Vested Interest in K9s by volunteering or making a donation here or by mail at P.O. Box 9, East Taunton, MA 02718.
The Pendleton District includes Madison, Delaware, Randolph, Henry, Wayne, Rush, Fayette and Union counties.
What other people are reading:
- Indianapolis mother battling COVID finally meets her baby more than 50 days after boy was born
- Hoosiers asked to donate to Afghan refugees as cold weather approaches
- Simone Biles taking control of mental health as gymnastics tour comes to Indianapolis
- Sheriff: Cinematographer died after Alec Baldwin discharged gun on movie set
- Sentence reductions could have woman convicted in fatal bus stop crash home for Christmas
- All 3 COVID vaccine boosters, mixing-and-matching OK'd by CDC
- FBI searching for 1981 murder fugitive who might be in Indiana
- Sen. Braun invites unvaccinated Chicago officers to apply for Indiana openings