CARMEL, Ind. — A central Indiana business followed through on their goal to help 100 families this Christmas through the Salvation Army.
Carmel's Crown Haven Wealth Advisors shopped for gifts Thursday. On Friday, they were there as the Salvation Army prepared them for distribution.
The company has personal reasons for helping, and they challenged other businesses to join in the effort.
Crown Haven reached its goal of collecting $10,000 but didn't have room to store that many gifts.
At the last minute, they decided to spend about one-quarter of that figure, buying gifts for nearly 30 families. Then, they made a cash donation so that their total donation completed their goal.
What other people are reading:
- Expert: 'Pandemic among the unvaccinated' could lead to worst winter surge yet
- Family finds closure after forensics identifies remains of Peru man found in 1983
- Student football player behind Center Grove blackface photo issues apology
- Here's how to get a Whopper at Burger King for 37 cents
- Straight No Chaser releases holiday parody of country hit 'Fancy Like'
- Michigan to honor Oxford HS shooting victims at Big Ten Championship Game Saturday
- Netflix making movie about grandmother who accidentally invited stranger to Thanksgiving
- Baldwin: 'Someone is responsible' for shooting, but 'not me'