GREENSBURG, Ind — Police arrested a 62-year-old man who, investigators say, intentionally damaged a Decatur County judge's vehicle.
Jimmy Colson, 62, of Flat Rock, Indiana, was arrested Wednesday and charged Thursday with felony intimidation and misdemeanor criminal mischief.
The incident began Aug. 19, when police said they were called to a Greensburg parking lot where county employees typically park.
Police met with a judge who said he got into his truck and noticed it wasn't operating properly when he turned on the engine.
Then he noticed someone put spray foam insulation in his truck's tailpipe.
Investigators reviewed surveillance footage, then turned the investigation over to Indiana State Police to avoid a conflict of interest. Police have not shared the nature of the conflict.
Colson was arrested last week. He appeared in court in Greensburg Friday and is being held in the Decatur County Jail.
What other people are reading:
- $2M drug bust: 14K THC vape cartridges, 300 lbs marijuana, 'numerous' assault rifles found at Connersville home
- 'I was blackmailed' | Purdue student makes claim during initial hearing on killing of roommate, tells victim's family 'I'm very sorry'
- 2 people shot at west Indianapolis restaurant
- Michigan assistant coach Mike Hart carted off field on backboard during game at IU
- Friends heard screaming through online game as Purdue student was killed