INDIANAPOLIS — The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is conducting a death investigation on the city's south side Tuesday morning.
Police were called to the 600 block of Carson Avenue, near South Keystone and East Hanna avenues, around 11:30 a.m. on a report of an unresponsive person.
Police found the body, and medics pronounced the adult male dead.
The Marion County Coroner's Office identified the deceased as 47-year-old Darrell Hoagland and ruled his death a homicide from multiple gunshot wounds.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the IMPD Homicide Office at 317-327-3475 or Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.
What other people are reading:
- Woman donates kidney to hubby's ex-wife days after wedding
- Suspect strangled Jackson County Jail officer, tried to take gun during attempted hospital escape
- Trudeau says 215 bodies found at Indigenous school not an isolated incident
- Hélio keeps promise, returns to visit Indy couple
- Fishers unveils new memorial honoring Gold Star families