INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) — If you want to get out in this beautiful weather and do some shopping, Saturday Aug. 3 is the day to do it.
Grit Into Grace will hold its first community garage sale. It all kicks off at 10 a.m. Saturday at Brookside Church in Indianapolis. This event is hoping to raise much needed funding, so that the Dream House can continue it's incredible work of offering refuge to sex trafficking victims locally. You may remember WTHR Weekend Anchor Alyssa Raymond featured the Dream House as "A Ray of Sunshine."
Organizers hope to give people in the Brookside neighborhood access to items at very affordable prices.
Here's a look at pricing:
- Concessions will be sold for $1.
- All bikes will be sold for $10 each.
- Every piece of clothing will be $1.
- Shoes are $3 a pair.
- Purses, blankets and curtains can all be purchased for $4.
- Books are two for $1
- Household items like furniture will be available.
Brookside Church is located at 1035 North Olney St. in Indianapolis.