CARMEL, Ind. — 'Tis the season to visit the nation's best holiday market right here in central Indiana!
Carmel Christkindlmarkt finished atop USA Today's 10Best Readers' Choice 2021 awards, besting holiday markets in Chicago, Denver, Washington, D.C. and more. The local market also won first place in 2019.
The market was closed in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Carmel Christkindlmarkt features the only Glühwein Pyramid in the U.S., standing 33 feet tall with more than 3,000 lights.
This year’s market has food and gift vendors, activities and special guests throughout the season.
There are five more days to visit this year's Carmel Christkindlmarkt:
- Monday, Dec. 20: Noon-9 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 21: Noon-9 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 22: Noon-9 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 23: Noon-9 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 24: Noon-3 p.m.
PHOTOS: Carmel Christkindlmarkt 2021 preview
What other people are reading:
- Indiana reports state's 1st case of omicron variant of COVID-19
- Avon porch pirate suspect arrested after driving through homeowners' yard
- IMPD arrests suspect in deadly hit-and-run crash that killed 11-year-old
- Babies survive Kentucky tornado that tossed them in bathtub
- Thousands of Hoosiers to deal with grief during holiday season after record-breaking homicides in Indianapolis