INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) — What a perfect coincidence that the first day of the autumnal equinox and National Great American Pot Pie Day "fall" on the same day!
Warm up with a tasty pot pie from Pots & Pans in south Broad Ripple.
Co-owners Ian and Clarissa Morley introduce Sunrise reporter Carlos Diaz to the many varieties of pot pie options:
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken from Becker Farms, carrots, peas, crimini mushrooms, red potatoes, onions, creamy gravy.
- Beef & Mushroom Pot Pie
- Beef Chuck Roast from Becker Farms, crimini mushrooms, carrots, onions, garlic, red wine gravy.
- Biscuits & Gravy Pot Pie
- Breakfast sausage and bacon from Becker Farms, creamy sausage gravy.
- Thai Chicken Curry Pot Pie
- Chicken from Becker Farms, yellow curry, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, jalapeño peppers, red bell peppers, carrots.
- "The Rogue" Vegan Pot Pie
- Sweet potatoes, crimini mushrooms, walnuts, carrots, onions, leeks, coconut milk gravy. (vegan crust made with vegetable shortening)
They also sell a Beef Stroganoff Pot Pie but is temporarily sold out because it's so popular.
Many ingredients come from local farms and fellow business owners among the Indianapolis Farmers' Market community to create one-of-a-kind pies.