The program focuses on leadership and professional development. Princesses receive one-on-one mentorship from the 500 Festival Board of Directors and training sessions led by business and community leaders.
More than 2,000 Indiana women have served as 500 Festival Princesses since the program began in 1959.
To be eligible to serve as a 2022 500 Festival Princess, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Claim legal residence in Indiana
- Currently be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university located in Indiana; taking a minimum of 12 academic hours for undergraduate studies or a minimum of nine academic hours for graduate studies
- Maintain a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be actively involved in at least one extra-curricular activity
- Be the age of 18 by January 1, 2022, but no older than 23 by May 31, 2022.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022. Applications can be found by clicking here.
What other people are reading:
- 7-year-old girl dies, 2 adults critically hurt after being struck by vehicle near Indianapolis school
- How to update Apple devices to correct security flaw
- Small claims courts flooded with eviction cases | Judges work to connect tenants, landlords with resources
- Indiana Republicans’ new redistricting map brings big changes but keeps status quo
- Indiana leaders remember fallen Logansport Marine as a hero
- What's the difference between COVID and cold allergies?
- Surgeon helps dog born with paws facing the wrong way