ANDERSON, Ind. — Police in Anderson are investigating a shooting that left a man dead.
It happened around 9:30 p.m. Thursday in the 1600 block of West 9th Street.
Officers found 35-year-old Christian M. Cox shot in the street.
Medics transported Cox to a hospital where he died from his injuries.
Witnesses gave police a description of a person who they said fled the area after the shooting.
A police department spokesperson said that person, 18-year-old Aundray Lamonte Ivy Jr, was taken into custody a short time later.
Ivy is currently in the Madison County Jail on an arrest charge of murder.
What other people are reading:
- Olympic gold medalist, Greenfield native Jaycie Phelps discusses pressure of competing at elite level
- 17 years later, Riley kid says Make-A-Wish experience changed trajectory of his life
- VERIFY: When will the COVID pandemic be considered over?
- All the medals the US has won so far at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Simone Biles posts new training video to explain why she dropped out