ANDERSON, Ind. — Police are looking for a man in his 20s who's accused of an armed bank robbery in Anderson on Friday.
According to police, a Black man went into the Old National Bank, located at 219 Scatterfield Road, just before noon on Friday and passed a bank employee a note demanding money.
The employee gave the man an undisclosed amount of money before he escaped. Police say when he left the bank, he headed west.
When officers arrived, they surrounded the bank and searched the area, but the man was nowhere to be found.
On Saturday, the Anderson Police Department said no suspects have been arrested in connection to the robbery and the case remains under investigation.
APD shared a photo of the alleged suspect. In the photo, the man is wearing a black sweatshirt, a baseball hat and a mask.
Police ask anyone with information about the robbery or the suspect to contact Det. Ryan Prado at 765-648-6755. To remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 765-349-8310.
What other people are reading:
- Dr. Mung Chiang to replace Mitch Daniels as Purdue University president
- What is it? Texas zoo captures 'strange image' of an unidentified creature
- Justin Bieber suffering facial paralysis from rare disorder
- Starbucks CEO: 'I don’t know if we can keep our bathrooms open'
- Britney Spears marries Sam Asghari, ex-husband arrested trying to crash wedding
- Holy Rosary Italian Street Festival returns to Indianapolis with homemade food, live music