RIPLEY COUNTY, Ind. — Indiana Conservations Officers are investigating an off-road vehicle crash that injured a 7-year-old boy in Ripley County.
It happened Saturday, Aug. 14, around 2:45 p.m.
Officers said the boy was driving the ORV on private property in the 3800 block of West U.S. Highway 50. They believe he lost control of the vehicle and hit a tree.
The 7-year-old was taken to a hospital in North Vernon and then to Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis with injuries to his face and abdomen. Officers said the boy was wearing a helmet at the time.
In 2020, Indiana saw 246 ORV incidents with 281 people injured, 17 of which died from their injuries.
What other people are reading:
- Death toll of powerful earthquake in Haiti soars to 1,297
- USDA to permanently boost food stamp benefits by 25 percent
- Carmel father raffling off collection of Pappy Van Winkle bourbon in hopes proceeds help find cure for son
- Purdue renames dorms in honor of sisters who paved way for Black students to live on campus
- Indiana Dunes considers its first-ever entrance fees
- Little girl's Make-A-Wish will come true, thanks to Fishers fundraiser