By Hendrix Magley/WTHR intern
Looking for events to do with the family on 4th of July Weekend? Here's a look at what's going on around Central Indiana.
Monday, July 4, 2016
Circle City Biathlon and 5K – 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Tow Yard Brewing Company
- This race will consist of a 5k run followed by a 10 mile bike ride. After finishing the 5k, get your free finisher beer from Tow Yard Brewing to help kick off your 4th of July celebrations.
CarmelFest: An Independence Day Celebration – 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Monday’s edition of CarmelFest will include the Freedom Run at 8 a.m., the Centier Bank CarmelFest Parade at 10:30 a.m., the Carmel Symphony Orchestra at 8:30 p.m. and the Fireworks Spectacular at 9:45 p.m.
Firecracker 6 – 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Indianapolis City Market
- Firecracker 6 is a 6-mile & 6K run/walk through downtown Indianapolis. The run will start at the Indianapolis City Market and will finish at the Soldiers & Sailors Monument. You will also see Fountain Square and Lucas Oil Stadium on your run.
Independence Day Social – 1 to 4 p.m. at Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site
- Take a visit to the home of Indiana’s own former president and try vintage games like hoops and graces or croquet. You can even sign your own name to the Declaration of Independence! All proceeds from the social benefit the Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site.
4th of July ¡OLE! – 3 to 11 p.m. at St. Mary Catholic Church
- At this event, enjoy your favorite Latino & American food plus live entertainment, open air market with crafts and gifts, a beer garden, a kids area and games such as Texas Hold ‘Em.
Concerts on the Canal – 5 to 9:30 p.m. at Indiana Historical Society
- The Indianapolis Municipal Band will be performing patriotic tunes and marches from 5 to 6:15 p.m. and shortly after that Tad Robinson will be performing a mix of Americana and soul music from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Indianapolis Indians vs. Louisville Bats – 6:05 p.m. at Victory Field
Donatos Downtown Freedom Blast – 6:30 to 11 p.m. at the Indiana War Memorial and Museum
- View Indy’s largest fireworks display shooting from the top of Regions Bank Tower at 10 p.m.! Get to the Indiana War Memorial and Museum early to get good seats.
Fourth of July Picnic on Mass Ave – 7 to 10 p.m. on Massachusetts Avenue
- Watch the fireworks while eating from Indiana’s famous JUG’s Fried Chicken and Biscuits “all you can eat” buffet. There will be games, arts and crafts, magicians and musicians and more as the night goes on.
Rooftop 4th of July Celebration – 7 to 11:30 p.m. at Fountain Square Theatre
- Enjoy appetizers, BBQ dinner, dessert, beer & wine and Duckpin bowling along with a wonderful view of the fireworks from Regions Tower. This event is 21+.
Party on the Plaza – 7 to 11 p.m. at Indianapolis City Market
- Bring the whole family to celebrate Independence Day on the Plaza. There will be corn hole, lawn checkers, sidewalk chalk and more.
Red, White and Brew Bash – 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. at Howl at the Moon
- Wear red, white and blue and attend for no charge during the Red, White and Brew Bash. There will be games, prizes, drink specials and an America themed buffet on Sunday and Monday.
Lights over Morse Lake Fireworks – 10 p.m. at Morse Lake in Cicero
- The fireworks will be shot over Morse Reservoir around 10 p.m. or whenever it gets dark.
JCPenney deal for military families:
In honor of the Fourth of July holiday, JCPenney will offer a 5 percent discount from June 29-July 4 to current and former military personnel and their immediate family members.
The discount can be combined with additional coupons and special offers. JCPenney will host a Fourth of July sale in-store and online at jcp.com from June 30-July 5 with exciting offers such as $1.99 Women's flip flops, $3.99 JCPenney Home Expressions bath towels, $4.99 Arizona® tees for Juniors, Young Men's and kids, 60 percent off swimwear for him and her and more. Customers can also use a coupon to get an additional 20 percent off when they use their JCPenney credit card.