WESTFIELD, Ind. (WTHR) - Thirteen people wound up in Hamilton County hospitals Friday night after construction fumes leaked into their Westfield workspace.
It happened Friday evening at IMMI at 18880 East Street off U.S. 31.
According to a statement from the company, epoxy fumes from a sealed area undergoing renovation leaked into the building through an outside intake fan.
Sixty people were working at IMMI at the time.
The 13 who were taken for treatment were all released early Saturday.
“The health and safety of our team is always our first concern," said IMMI spokesperson Julie Cooley, "and we are thankful everyone is okay.”
Cooley said the IMMI corporate headquarters, where 550 people work, will remain closed for the rest of the weekend, but no lingering fumes have been detected.
In Westfield, IMMI manufactures and tests school bus and motor coach seats and seatbelts, airbags for commercial and fire trucks, and safety systems for military vehicles.