INDIANAPOLIS — One person is dead after a crash on the north side of Indianapolis.
IMPD officers responded to a report of a pedestrian struck in the 600 block of East 38th Street, near College and Central avenues, around 4 p.m. Monday. There they located an unidentified male down in the eastbound lanes.
The victim, 59-year-old Samuel Brown III, was pronounced dead at the scene, IMPD said.
Police said the driver of the vehicle that struck Brown stayed on scene and was transported to Methodist Hospital for minor injuries and a blood draw, which is standard procedure in fatal crashes.
East 38th Street was closed in the area for multiple hours Monday as investigators worked to determine the cause of the incident.
What other people are reading:
- Here's when you can expect your tax refund check from the state
- Indiana gas price decline could start reversing this week
- 'Stranger Things' star taking online courses at Purdue University
- Richmond officer's fiancée shares love, hope in 1st Facebook post since shooting
- Family mourns grandmother's death after Brownsburg creek rescue
- Air Force veteran from Fishers celebrates 100th birthday in the air
- What led up to the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago
- Spirit Airlines agent suspended after viral fight video at DFW Airport, airline says