TALLAHASSEE, Fla — One of Florida State football's most legendary coaches has tested positive for COVID-19.
Bobby Bowden first told the Tallahassee Democrat Monday morning he had the coronavirus. Bowden, now 90 years old, will celebrate his 91st birthday next month.
The Tallahassee Democrat reported Bowden was diagnosed with COVID-19 after he was treated at a hospital for a leg infection last weekend.
Bowden told the Tallahassee Democrat and WCTV he was feeling okay, and he wasn't showing any symptoms.
Bowden coached the Noles from 1976-2009 and put them on the map. Over the span of his time as their coach, he won 12 ACC titles and two national championships.
What other people are reading right now:
- Generous act reunites deaf dog with owner
- 2020 Election in Florida: Register to vote, important dates, voting by mail and more
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
- Tampa Bay Rays will play from the MLB bubble for the first time tonight
- Trump declares 'I get it,' then leaves hospital for drive-by wave to supporters
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter