NASHVILLE, Ind. (WTHR) – Brown County Indiana announced the grand opening of its new performing arts venue, the Brown County Music Center, on Monday.
The opening event on Saturday, August 24th will feature a concert country artist Vince Gill.
The venue shared a list of other national acts scheduled to perform later this year:
- Vince Gill – Saturday, August 24th (tickets on sale April 19)
- *Tesla – Saturday, September 7th
- *Clint Black – Friday, September 20th
- *Home Free – Sunday, October 6th
- *George Thorogood & The Destroyers – Sunday, October 13th
- Peppa Pig Live! – Wednesday, October 16th (tickets on sale this Friday)
- *Here Come The Mummies – Saturday, October 26th
- *Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox – Thursday, December 12th
*Tickets on sale at a later to be announced date
Live Nation will assist with programming the venue and Ticketmaster will handle the ticketing.
Dana Beth Evans, the Director of Events for the new venue was quoted in Monday's release. “This is an incredibly exciting time for Brown County," she stated, "and you can feel the anticipation growing as we get closer and closer to opening day. We’ve all put an incredible amount of time and effort into this place to make sure that it is nothing short of amazing for all who attend, including the artists. We hope people are able to take in all the beauty of the venue, the nature around it and the love and care of the people in this community when they visit us
Regional and local performances will be mixed in with the Live Nation events to help fill the venue’s schedule.
The Brown County Music Center will also be available for rent for community related activities and special events on non-concert days.