INDIANAPOLIS — Several Lawrence Township schools dismissed early Wednesday due to a power outage.
Storms that swept through midday knocked out power to Harrison Hill Elementary, Belzer Middle School, and Lawrence Central High School.
The district said that because of the outage and extreme temperatures, the decision was made to dismiss the schools early.
Students from Harrison Hill will be dismissed and transported home beginning at noon. Students at Belzer Middle School and Lawrence Central High School will be dismissed and transported home beginning at 1 p.m.
Parents who are able to pick up their children are asked to do so.
What other people are reading:
- Local group ready to help Afghan refugees settle in Indiana
- Indiana man survives grizzly attack at Alaska national park
- Bloomington brewery begins 'no tipping' policy
- 'It just kind of exploded': Doctors see unusual spike in RSV cases
- Residents hot, frustrated after downtown public housing complex loses air conditioning
- 'Purdue Pete' named creepiest college mascot in America