INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department homicide detectives are investigating after a woman was found dead at a vacant medical office on the city's northwest side early Wednesday morning.
Officers were called to the 3800 block of Shore Drive, near 38th Street and Eagle Creek Parkway, just after 1:30 a.m. on Nov. 3. Police found an unresponsive woman inside the building suffering from trauma.
Medics pronounced the woman dead at the scene. The coroner's office identified the victim Friday as 44-year-old Dawn McCutcheon.
Detectives responded and began an investigation, determining the incident to be a homicide, which the coroner confirmed, saying McCutcheon died of "multiple traumatic injuries."
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact Detective Christopher Edwards at the IMPD Homicide Office at 317-327-3475 or email Christopher.Edwards@indy.gov.
IMPD previously reported the building was a physical therapy office but later identified it as a vacant medical office.
What other people are reading:
- Anderson Schools closed Wednesday due to staff absences
- Indiana health care community eager to get kids vaccinated against COVID-19
- 'Please help!' | Video captures Muncie officers rescuing woman from sinking car
- Step inside Community Health's ICU as the fight against COVID-19 continues
- Arrest made in killing of Southport High School student at Indianapolis gas station
- I-70 Killer: Indiana detectives join task force to try and crack decades long case