VIGO COUNTY, Ind. — A correctional officer in Vigo County is facing multiple felony charges after the Department of Child Services received information that a child had been molested.
Indiana State Police began investigating and found 51-year-old Kenneth M. Smithee molested a girl who was younger than 14. The prosecutor's office issued an arrest warrant on Monday, and police arrested Smithee Tuesday morning.
Smithee now faces two counts of child molesting where the defendant is at least 21 years old and one count of child molesting a child younger than 14.
What other people are reading:
- Officers fatally shoot suspect believed to be connected to deadly shooting in Henry County
- The smile they get to see every day | Avon family grateful for Riley Hospital for Children
- Indianapolis doctor urges people to get vaccinated as omicron variant nears US
- How to check a charity before you donate
- 'It's the correct decision' | Woman convicted in fatal bus stop crash won't be home for Christmas, family of victims 'grateful'
- 'We are heartbroken': Pageant community mourns death of Emma Sweet
- IPS joins lawsuit against JUUL electronic cigarettes
- Injuries reported after car crashes into AT&T store on Indy's northwest side