POSEY COUNTY, Ind. — Police said a Poseyville couple were involved in two separate alcohol-related crashes, one of which was with each other.
According to Indiana State Police, Donald Ricketts, 56, crossed the center line on SR 165 near Interstate 64 and hit the side of a tractor-trailer Monday night.
After the crash, Ricketts called his wife to come pick him up. Police said Cheral Ricketts then hit her husband's car, which was still in the road. Both cars were totaled.
When officers arrived, they said both of the Ricketts showed signs of impairment.
Police said Cheral was nearly three times the legal limit at .22%. ISP said her husband's blood alcohol concentration was even higher at .28%.
Cheral Ricketts was taken to the Posey County Jail. Her husband was transported to Deaconess Gibson Hospital in Princeton for treatment of a medical issue that is not believed to be life-threatening, police said.
The driver of the semi that was struck was not injured.
What other people are reading:
- Community pays respects to Cpl. Humberto Sanchez Tuesday in Logansport
- AES Indiana crew to return from Ida relief efforts Tuesday
- Former officers indicted for violating George Floyd's civil rights set for federal arraignment
- Nicholas downgraded to tropical storm; 300K in the dark
- Texas man with Down syndrome walks the runway in New York Fashion Week