MARION, Ind. — A Marion man died after police said he hit a patrol car while attempting to run from pursing officers.
Police said 44-year-old Jeremy Swygart was driving a motorcycle and speeding in the 2000 block of Western Avenue in Marion around 11:30 p.m. Sunday.
Police said Swygart led them on three-minute pursuit that ended when he t-boned a Grant County Sheriff’s Department vehicle at the intersection of Miller Avenue and 50th Street.
Swygart was ejected from the 1976 Kawasaki motorcycle and died at the scene.
The deputy driving the sheriff’s department vehicle was not injured.
At the request of the Grant County Sheriff’s Department, the Indiana State Police handled the crash investigation.
What other people are reading:
- Americans 'resilient' to record high gas prices
- Toby Keith reveals cancer diagnosis
- Supermoons return this summer, starting with 'strawberry' full moon
- Indianapolis native gets rave reviews on 'America's Got Talent' audition
- Dog recovering after attack by larger dog while on neighborhood walk in Bargersville
- As gas prices hit $5 a gallon, what's causing the ongoing surge?
- What Amber Heard said in her first post-verdict interview
- Dangerous heat causing energy concerns for Midwest