INDIANAPOLIS — The Marion County Sheriff’s Department confirmed a murder suspect was mistakenly released from jail Thursday night.
The sheriff’s department said Noah Edwards was released from the adult detention center after proper procedures were not followed. The sheriff's department said an inmate with a similar name of Nore Edwards was supposed to be released.
Deputies took Edwards back into custody early Friday morning.
On Monday, the sheriff's department confirmed a detention deputy was fired for not following jail procedures.
Police arrested Edwards on a preliminary charge of murder for an April 18 shooting in the 2300 block of Werges Avenue.
What other people are reading:
- Biden administration working to fly more Nestlé baby formula to US from Europe
- Hoosiers who make a living behind the wheel hit hard by gas prices
- Police arrest Plainfield woman for bomb threats at Cummins distribution warehouse
- Charges dismissed against 3 men in July 4, 2020, Lake Monroe fight
- Man charged for road rage incident on Indy's southeast side
- World's largest bounce house adds 2nd weekend in Indianapolis
- Could period-tracking apps be used against you?