CARMEL, Ind. — Carmel police arrested a suspect after a man was shot at a fitness center Wednesday morning.
Police said the incident happened at Anytime Fitness, located at 110 W. Main St., around 4:20 a.m.
According to police, the man was hit by a bullet in the leg while he was working out. Police said the gunfire came from the parking garage, and shell casings were found there. The man was taken to the hospital for treatment, and police said his injuries are believed to be non-life-threatening.
Investigators said a man, later identified as 25-year-old Moses Shoaga, was walking around the area and "began to fire a gun indiscriminately into the building." Police said he was found in the area a short time later and was taken into custody.
Shoaga has been preliminarily charged with criminal recklessness and carrying a handgun without a license.
Anyone with further information on the incident is asked to call Detective Carter at 317-571-2500 or Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477 (TIPS). Please reference CPD case number 2021-81791.
What other people are reading:
- Community reacts to new questions from Delphi murder investigators
- Is the Post Office really taking longer to deliver your mail and packages?
- Pfizer: Lab tests suggest COVID-19 boosters protect against omicron variant
- Pet adoption stories earn big grant for Indianapolis shelter
- Man behind anthony_shots account charged in child exploitation case, same profile name identified in Delphi killings investigation
- 101-year-old Pearl Harbor survivor returns to mark 80th anniversary of attack
- Sun King closing Broad Ripple tap room
- Over 20 Christmas trees stolen from sales lot at east Indianapolis church