INDIANAPOLIS — One man was killed in a shooting on the southeast side of Indianapolis Wednesday night.
Officers responded to a report of a person shot at a home in the 1500 block of Barrington Avenue around 9:30 p.m. That location is near South Keystone Avenue and East Minnesota Street.
The man was taken to the hospital in critical condition, but later died from his injuries.
The Marion County Coroner's Office identified the deceased as 40-year-old Preston Woods.
Police have not yet released information about a possible motive or suspect in the shooting.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-TIPS.
What other people are reading:
- What’s in the water? 2 Carmel swimmers head to Olympics for the 1st time
- Crash closes I-70 eastbound in Hancock County for 3rd straight night
- Indianapolis to celebrate Juneteenth with events across Circle City
- 'Walking to play basketball shouldn't be a death sentence' | Principal remembers 15-year-old fatally shot on Indianapolis street
- Kokomo Beach to reopen Friday with added security after Tuesday shooting