PEKIN, Ind. — An Indiana woman was charged with the murder of her boyfriend's 2-year-old daughter.
Sarah Maire Bierly, 30, of Pekin, Indiana, was arrested Tuesday. She is now charged with murder and aggravated battery resulting in death.
Washington County deputies were called to an address on Poplar Street in Pekin after receiving a 911 call at around midnight reporting an unresponsive child. Medics took the 2-year-old girl to St. Vincent Hospital in Salem where she later died.
After an autopsy, a forensic pathologist ruled the girl's death as a homicide caused by multiple blunt force injuries.
Bierly was living in the home with her boyfriend and his 2-year-old daughter. Indiana State Police said the child was in Bierly's care when she was reported to police as being unresponsive.
Investigators searched the home and arrested Bierly on Tuesday.
What other people are reading:
- Questions surround Valparaiso Republicans Twin Towers Sept. 11 parade float
- Student charged with attempted murder in North Central High School stabbing
- McDonald's Happy Meal toys celebrating Disney World's 50th anniversary
- Here's how Indiana schools ranked on the annual 'best colleges' report
- Apple releases emergency software update to fix spyware flaw