INDIANAPOLIS — IMPD announced Thursday that three people had been arrested for their alleged roles in an attempted robbery and robbery of armored vehicles in December 2021.
On December 15, 2021, IMPD officers responded to the 5600 block of Emerson Way, near East 56th Street on Indianapolis' northeast side, for an attempted armed robbery of an armored vehicle. The next day, police responded to the 8700 block of East Washington Street, west of Post Road on Indy's far east side, for an armed robbery of another armored vehicle.
IMPD detectives and FBI agents from the Violent Crimes Task Force began an investigation into the incidents.
Detectives identified Devante Foster, 28, as a suspect and arrested him for his alleged role in the incidents on December 21. One week later, the Marion County Prosecutor's Office charged Foster with armed robbery (two counts), kidnapping, criminal confinement (two counts), and theft.
Two other people, 31-year-old Lonnie McGill and 24-year-old Darius Moore, were identified by detectives as additional suspects. The prosecutor's office later charged both with armed robbery (two counts), kidnapping, criminal confinement (two counts), and theft. On April 29, McGill and Moore were arrested on outstanding warrants in the case with assistance from the U.S. Marshals Service.
Court records indicate that Foster, McGill and Moore all have a jury trial scheduled to begin in September.
What other people are reading:
- Nonemergency calls slowing down 911 operators in central Indiana
- Purdue University preparing to welcome 16 scholars from Ukraine
- Comedian Dave Dugan breaks world record in Carmel for time spent in a roundabout
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit to feature first model with C-section scar
- 'Kudos to that new pilot': Passenger with no flying experience safely lands plane in Florida