GREENFIELD, Ind. — Greenfield police are investigating a shooting that happened in a neighborhood the morning of Oct. 7.
Police responded to a report of a person shot around 6:40 a.m. in the 800 block of North Noble Street, near North Broadway Street and West Park Avenue.
Police found a 15-year-old boy with a gunshot wound. Medics took him to an Indianapolis hospital in stable condition.
According to police, there were a several minors in the home on North Noble Street and one of them had a handgun. One of them fired the gun, hitting the 15-year-old. The victim is still in the hospital.
Police arrested a 17-year-old on gun-related charges. Other charges are expected as the investigation continues.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact Detective Lieutenant Nichole Gilbert at 317-325-1221 or by email at email@example.com.
What other people are reading:
- When will COVID vaccines start for kids? Updated timeline after Pfizer's FDA request
- Central Indiana festivals and spooky season activities that will give you all the fall feels
- Community activist says niece's homicide is result of domestic abuse
- 'The Kelly Clarkson Show': Indianapolis native battling cancer befriends her UPS driver who's survived cancer twice
- Economist: Labor shortage largely caused by other factors, not pandemic unemployment benefits