BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — The Monroe County Prosecutor's office charged a former Indiana University student with rape.
Police said 18-year-old Samuel Elliott assaulted a woman while she was throwing up in a dorm bathroom.
Elliott faces at least one count of rape.
According to court documents, Elliott was among a group of people drinking alcohol in a room at Teter Hall in December.
The victim said she got sick and ran to the restroom.
According to court documents, Elliott asked the victim if they could have sex. The victim told Elliott she was too intoxicated to make a decision.
Investigators said Elliott then sexually assaulted her in the bathroom.
IU said Elliott is no longer a student. He will make an initial court appearance on Feb. 4.
What other people are reading:
- Immunocompromised patients struggling to get 4th dose recommended by the CDC
- Indianapolis Public Schools Foundation launches fundraiser for playground makeover in memory of Hannah Crutchfield
- As Fed signals possible interest rate hike, what steps should consumers take?
- Amy Schneider's historic 'Jeopardy!' streak comes to an end
- TSA officer said employees worked sick to earn attendance bonus
- How to stay warm - and safe - using a space heater during winter's chill
- Frustrations grow as Social Security announces field offices won’t re-open until April
- Little Debbie snack cakes being turned into ice cream flavors