INDIANAPOLIS — An investigation is underway after a person was fatally shot late Tuesday.
It happened around 11 p.m. in the 2100 block of Wheatgrass Way, which is just southwest of 79th Street and Harcourt Road.
An IMPD spokesperson said officers responding to a report of a person shot found a woman with an apparent gunshot wound.
The victim was taken to a hospital in critical condition but died a short time later.
Police have not released the victim's name or provided any information about a suspect or motive at this time.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call Det. Charles Benner at the IMPD Homicide Office at 317.327.3475 or Charles.Benner@indy.gov.
You can also contact Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.
What other people are reading:
- IMPD sergeant facing criminal charges in use of force case
- Southwest travelers cautiously optimistic as flights return to normal
- Indianapolis grandmother killed in apparent home invasion; teen arrested
- Community leaders applaud IMPD’s swift action in use of force case
- Autopsy reveals Gabby Petito's death caused by strangulation
- Live Doppler 13 Weather Blog: Fall colors nearing their peak in central Indiana
- Indiana woman sentenced in Capitol riot case
- More Afghans arriving in Indiana to await resettlement