CARMEL, Ind. (WTHR) - Police arrested an Indianapolis man for firing two shots at another man in an apparent road rage dispute on Michigan Road Friday.
According to Lt. Joe Bickel of Carmel Police, Dean A. Kelso, 56, of Indianapolis and another 21-year-old Indianapolis man were driving southbound on Michigan Road between Zionsville and I-465 around 8:45 a.m.
The men pulled their vehicles into the Village Pantry parking lot at 106th Street, exited their respective vehicles and got into a fist fight.
That's when police say Kelso pulled a gun and fired two shots. Neither bullet struck anybody, but Kelso was arrested on several charges:
- 2 counts of criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon - Level 5 felony
- 2 counts of pointing a firearm - Level 6 felony
- 1 count of intimidation - Level 5 felony
- 1 count of battery - B misdemeanor
- 1 count of disorderly conduct - B misdemeanor
Kelso was taken to the Hamilton County Jail and is now out on bail.