LOSANTVILLE, Ind. — A Henry County man is dead after police said he was stabbed Monday night.
Police said they received a 911 call shortly after 11 p.m. on a report of a man being stabbed.
Deputies arrived at a home in the 5900 block of East U.S. 35 in Losantville and found Richard Hatton Jr. suffering from a stab wound. Medics arrived and pronounced Hatton dead at the scene.
The man police said stabbed Hatton remained at the scene.
After an investigation, police arrested 53-year-old Jerry W. Allred for murder.
The case will now be reviewed by the Henry County prosecutor.
Losantville is roughly 70 miles northeast of downtown Indianapolis.
What other people are reading:
- Rainy Thanksgiving forecast for central Indiana
- 3 teens injured in serious Madison County crash on State Road 13 near I-69
- Major changes coming to ease congestion around I-465 and I-6
- Milwaukee's 'Dancing Grannies' devastated by parade crash
- Neighbors, lawmakers step up to help residents of Nora apartment complex after another fire
- State's new Parents Bill of Rights puts focus on Social-Emotional Learning
- Thanksgiving 2021: Which stores will be open, closed