INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) — The Indianapolis 500, normally a May race, has been moved to August because of the coronavirus crisis.
And along with the Greatest Spectacle in Racing, comes all of the events leading up to it.
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is rescheduling its 500 Festival events, so what usually is a packed month of May will be a busy August.
Here are the new dates for the 500 Festival events:
- 500 Festival Kickoff to May, presented by STAR Bank: Friday, Aug. 7
- Salesforce & JPMorgan Chase 500 Festival Kids’ Day and Rookie Run: Saturday, Aug. 8
- 500 Festival Breakfast at the Brickyard, presented by Midwestern Engineers, Inc. – Saturday, Aug. 15
- 500 Festival Volunteer Appreciation Day – Saturday, Aug. 15
- 500 Festival Memorial Service, presented by Rolls-Royce – Friday, Aug. 21
- 500 Festival Off the Grid, presented by KeyBank – Friday, Aug. 21
- IPL 500 Festival Parade – Saturday, Aug. 22
Tickets already purchased for the 500 Festival’s 2020 events will be valid on the rescheduled dates. However, if there's a conflict with the new dates, the 500 Festival will offer other options, which will be discussed directly with the ticket buyer.
The 104th running of the Indianapolis 500 will happen on Aug. 23.