CLINTON COUNTY, Ind. — Two men are dead after an early morning crash in Clinton County.
Police said the crash happened on State Road 39 near County Road 500 North shortly after 7:30 a.m.
Investigators said it appears a passenger car was traveling south on State Road 39 when the driver went left of center and hit a semi head-on.
The driver of the car has been identified as 51-year-old Richard Windell Jr. of Delphi. The driver of the semi has been identified as 73-year-old Terry McQuern of Frankfort.
Both Windell and McQuern died at the scene.
“My deepest heartfelt sympathies go out to the families of both victims involved in this crash. This is a somber reminder to pay attention on our roadways, particularly as our farmers work hard to wrap up the harvest. Thank you to all of our first responders and support staff who worked tirelessly to render aid to these victims and to reopen the roadway,” said Clinton County Sheriff Rich Kelly.
What other people are reading:
- 'I am truly blessed' | Trafalgar teen returns home months after I-65 crash
- Millions of pounds of recyclable material dumped at landfill instead
- Students, staff who helped save teacher's life honored in New Castle
- Westfield couple giving back to Riley Hospital staff who helped their children through cancer battle
- Veterans Day 2021: Freebies and deals in central Indiana
- Tenants facing eviction want to warn future residents of conditions at east Indianapolis apartments