INDIANAPOLIS — New data shows more than half of the country's workforce will look for a new job in the next year.
So What's the Deal?
The numbers come from a Bankrate.com survey and it shows the top thing jobseekers want is flexible work arrangements. Higher pay is just behind that, followed by job security.
Employers are desperate for workers right now, boosting starting pay and offering signing bonuses.
Data from the Department of Labor data shows there are roughly 10.1 million openings right now, but the number of unemployed people is 8.7 million.
This means prospective employees have the upper hand.
In addition to pay, ask what else the company can offer you to chip away at monthly costs.
What other people are reading:
- Thousands of motorcyclists parade by Riley Hospital to boost patients' morale
- IMPD: Juvenile girl shot on Indy's far east side
- Avon Schools to consider mask mandate for all schools
- Small businesses struggle to receive orders after supply trucks fail to arrive
- WATCH: Kentucky racehorse runs along Indiana highway after escaping track